This blog is a way friends and family can keep track and share my journey into bicycle touring as well as my journey thru life by the grace that can only come from God the Father thru His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

HELP SUPPORT BIBLES FOR THE WORLD

If you would like to make a contribution to Bibles For The World just make out a check addressed to Bibles For The World and send it to: Bibles For The World, PO Box 49759, Colorado Springs, CO. 80949. You will receive a receipt in the mail from BFTW since it is tax deductable.



Thank you so much for your support and prayers in helping to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
You may also visit them online at http://www.bftw.org/.
Check out Manna For The Journey / Bibles For The World - The Video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFLaanIsTx8 Thanks for watching!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

ROAD UPDATE - 9/9/10

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing fine and am sitting at a Subway in Fairbury NE watching it rain. I made it 12 miles further than I expected yesterday so I got a little bit of time today to sit down and try and catch up the blogging. Unfortuniately I only had a couple days wrote up so will have to try and do DAY 5 later.

I have a hard time getting a cell signal or a place to stop close enough to the route to WIFI. I'm thankful for Subways. I also have a lot of pictures and comments I'd like to make but it may have to wait. Most my time is concentrating on the riding and staying on schedule.

Please keep me in your prayers. The roads a better,flatter I mean, and I'm getting my average up and leg strenght is getting better as well.

Well, I'll be back with you as I can but right now it's raining and I've still got about 25 miles to go. I've not had a shower for a few days so this might be a good thing. Tonights destination Hebron, NE.

3 comments:

  1. If you haven't had a shower for a few days, I can tell you exactly what those guys said when you asked them how you smelled...shuey!!

    Love you Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are out of Missouri. I have talked to many cyclist that claim it is deceivingly hilly which makes it one of the hardest states to cycle through. I am guessing you can now vouch for that. At least on the return trip you will spend much of Missouri on the Katy which should be a little more forgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark, I have been following along with your journey and your posts are very interesting, I just finished sharing them with my wife. We hope the hills and the dogs get better for you. Keep the info coming, we will keep you in our prayers. Jay & Kathy Germann

    ReplyDelete