This blog is a way friends and family can keep track and share my journey into bicycle touring as well as my journey thru life by the grace that can only come from God the Father thru His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

HELP SUPPORT BIBLES FOR THE WORLD

If you would like to make a contribution to Bibles For The World just make out a check addressed to Bibles For The World and send it to: Bibles For The World, PO Box 49759, Colorado Springs, CO. 80949. You will receive a receipt in the mail from BFTW since it is tax deductable.



Thank you so much for your support and prayers in helping to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
You may also visit them online at http://www.bftw.org/.
Check out Manna For The Journey / Bibles For The World - The Video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFLaanIsTx8 Thanks for watching!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

DAY THIRTEEN - SHORT AND SWEET IN DENVER!

I woke up early to a heavy fog. I got everything packed up and waited for it to clear. I wanted to leave by about 7:00. Before I left I walked around the Diedrich farm and took pictures of Dave’s vast collection of tractors. It was pretty neat to see all the different kinds he had. I thanked the family for their hospitality and headed down the road.

It was going to be a short trip today because I was only going to the town of Watkins, about 30 miles away. I had talked with my aunt about them picking me up there before they went to the airport to pick up my daughter Sam at the airport. Sam did not know that I would be with them so it would be a surprise.

After about only 5 miles down the road I was feeling very weak again. My legs felt heavy and weighted. The bike seemed extra heavy and slow. Maybe it was the elevation or maybe thirteen days without a rest day had caught up with me. I put my head down and continued on. I, again, had to walk up a number of hills that weren’t really all that steep.

About an eight mile from Watkins a black SUV passed me and honked…it was my aunt Sue and uncle Charles….I was saved! We loaded the bike on the roof rack and stopped at a McDonald’s for a drink and to wait for Sam’s flight to arrive, about an hour later. Sam was surprised to see me show up with Sue at the baggage claim. (Sorry I forgot to get a picture).

We all went out to eat dinner and then went to Sue and Charles’s house so I could take a shower….it felt soooo good! We later went and did a little sightseeing and we stopped on the way back for some ice cream. My Sunday School Class had sent a card and some cash with Sam for me to use for some ice cream. Thanks guys, that was very thoughtful of you, so we did.

My Aunt Sue and Uncle Charles to the rescue!

The Denver Airport where we picked up Sam.

Destination tomorrow – None, rest day.
Ice Cream today – Chocolate shake, Carmel Cashew, Blueberry Pomegranate Chocolate Chunk.
Miles today – 25
Total miles to date - 900

3 comments:

  1. glad you are there ok! elevation always hits me harder than i expect when i am out there! take it easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad forgot to mention that Aunt Sue and I tried Pumpkin Cheesecake ice cream. It was awesome! Definitely tastes like pumpkin. And I was definitely surprised to see my dad with Aunt Sue. He was stinky, but I gave him a hug anyway. I was happy to see him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve Richardson said...

    Hey Mark, Just got caught up with your blogs. You are in our prayers. Wish I could see the wonders that you are seeing. Remember God is with you every step or peddle of the way.

    ReplyDelete