This blog is a way friends and family can keep track and share my journey into bicycle touring as well as my journey thru life by the grace that can only come from God the Father thru His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

HELP SUPPORT BIBLES FOR THE WORLD

If you would like to make a contribution to Bibles For The World just make out a check addressed to Bibles For The World and send it to: Bibles For The World, PO Box 49759, Colorado Springs, CO. 80949. You will receive a receipt in the mail from BFTW since it is tax deductable.



Thank you so much for your support and prayers in helping to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
You may also visit them online at http://www.bftw.org/.
Check out Manna For The Journey / Bibles For The World - The Video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFLaanIsTx8 Thanks for watching!

Monday, September 13, 2010

DAY NINE - WINDS OF CHANGE

Last night about midnight the winds really whipped up and they continued until about 4:30 a.m. Then about 6:00 it started sprinkling. I was packed up by about 6:30 but was waiting to see what the rain would do and for it to get lighter.

It finally cleared enough for me to leave at 7:00 and it was a beautiful day. The bad thing was the roads I was on. They really are taking a toll on my body. The wind picked up about 11:00 out of the West at about 10 mph. Then a little later it came from the Northwest about 15 mph and then about 20 miles from my destination they came full force at 20+ mph out of the Southwest. I hit a good road on Route 6 so I had a wide smooth shoulder to work with. It was a big improvement even with the wind. Tomorrow’s winds are supposed to be out of the Southwest.

I made it to Cambridge and Calvary Baptist Church. Pastor Brian Perry put me up in the Youth Activity house. I’ve got five couches to pick from to sleep on. I’ll have another big mile day tomorrow of about 79 miles Lord willing.

Destination tomorrow – Benkelman, NE.
Ice cream today – Raspberry Chocolate Chunk AND Cookies and Cream
Miles rode today - 74

No comments:

Post a Comment