This blog is a way friends and family can keep track and share my journey into bicycle touring as well as my journey thru life by the grace that can only come from God the Father thru His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

HELP SUPPORT BIBLES FOR THE WORLD

If you would like to make a contribution to Bibles For The World just make out a check addressed to Bibles For The World and send it to: Bibles For The World, PO Box 49759, Colorado Springs, CO. 80949. You will receive a receipt in the mail from BFTW since it is tax deductable.



Thank you so much for your support and prayers in helping to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
You may also visit them online at http://www.bftw.org/.
Check out Manna For The Journey / Bibles For The World - The Video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFLaanIsTx8 Thanks for watching!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

DAY FOURTEEN - A RESTFUL DAY

We did some sightseeing today and I was finally able to lay off the bike for a whole day. Every part of my body thanked me. We went to take a tour of the Coors Stadium where the Colorado Rockies baseball team plays. This was more Sam’s thing but it was a pretty interesting tour and we all enjoyed it.

Next we stopped by and viewed Buffalo Bill’s gravesite. That was more my thing and I think we enjoyed it as well.

Then we took a drive up Mt. Evans. We all really enjoyed that. Some of the trees were turning golden and it was very beautiful. We were not able to go to the very top of the mountain because the upper portion was closed.

We did get up to about 12160 feet according to my watch. I saw a lot of bike riders ascending up the mountain and I thought, “Huh, try it carrying 70 lbs. of cargo!”

After that we just kind of looked around at some shops and eventually made it back to Sue and Charles home for a great supper. Their son Blake came over with his sons Seth and Christian. They are a couple great guys. Later their son Brad arrived and we got to reminisce with him. I think it’s been about 28 years since I last saw him. Thanks again Brad for letting me use your SUV to haul my bike.

Tomorrow I mount up and head for Bibles For the World!

Destination tomorrow – Colorado Springs
Miles today – 0
Ice Cream of the day – Peaches and Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment