This blog is a way friends and family can keep track and share my journey into bicycle touring as well as my journey thru life by the grace that can only come from God the Father thru His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

HELP SUPPORT BIBLES FOR THE WORLD

If you would like to make a contribution to Bibles For The World just make out a check addressed to Bibles For The World and send it to: Bibles For The World, PO Box 49759, Colorado Springs, CO. 80949. You will receive a receipt in the mail from BFTW since it is tax deductable.



Thank you so much for your support and prayers in helping to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
You may also visit them online at http://www.bftw.org/.
Check out Manna For The Journey / Bibles For The World - The Video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFLaanIsTx8 Thanks for watching!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

LET ALL GOD'S CREATION PRAISE HIM


Before I loaded the bike this morning I was reading from Psalm 115. Verse one says, "Not unto us, O Lord, not unto us, but unto your name give glory, for your mercy, and for your truth's sake." My bike trip is not about me, it's not about Bibles For the World, it's not about a vacation or going to see family and friends or to see how much money can be raised to support a good cause. It's about God and His glory. I see the vastness of His creation out in these wide open spaces and it makes me seem so small, as I am, and should be. He is what's important in our lives. God's praise and glory should be what we all live for because He is God.

Verse 18 goes on to say, "But we will bless the Lord from this time forth and for evermore. Praise the Lord." It's wonderful to think that, if you're a Christian, someday you'll be praising the Lord in Heaven forever and forever, without any restrictions or distractions as we have here on earth. I look forward to the ride today even though it's another long on with some hills. I can praise God for those hills and that He has given me the ability to get up them with His help.

Continue to pray for me and also for Steve Knowltes whom I ran into just outside of Bird City Kansas. I saw him on the web once but never thought I'd meet him. He's running across American raising money for the cure of Crohn's. Please visit his website.

To God be the glory this day.

1 comment:

  1. Dad - This morning at work I pulled one of those little cards with verses out of the "Honey in the Rock" that you gave me. Today's verse is Psalm 118:21 - "I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation."

    See you tomorrow. Love, Samantha

    ReplyDelete