This blog is a way friends and family can keep track and share my journey into bicycle touring as well as my journey thru life by the grace that can only come from God the Father thru His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

HELP SUPPORT BIBLES FOR THE WORLD

If you would like to make a contribution to Bibles For The World just make out a check addressed to Bibles For The World and send it to: Bibles For The World, PO Box 49759, Colorado Springs, CO. 80949. You will receive a receipt in the mail from BFTW since it is tax deductable.



Thank you so much for your support and prayers in helping to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
You may also visit them online at http://www.bftw.org/.
Check out Manna For The Journey / Bibles For The World - The Video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFLaanIsTx8 Thanks for watching!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

DAY SEVENTEEN - A VERY SPECIAL DAY

I woke with a great amount of anticipation as I would get to visit Randy and Esta’s church today. This was only the second time for me to be in church since I started the trip and I was missing the fellowship and worship terribly. We picked up Esta’s father and headed for the church.

I really enjoyed the song service and meeting many of the congregation before church even began. They were very welcoming to me. Randy did a great job of leading the choir and music. After the song service was a special time that Randy told everyone about the accident that he had while working at the company that I still work for. I’ll not go into detail but he also sang a song dedicated to me and I was extremely touched by it. It was a very emotional and overwhelming time for me and I believe everyone there. Randy is a very dear friend and I would not have wanted to miss our time together for anything. I will never forget my time with him and Esta (and Riley). They also had me get up and explain a little about my trip and Bibles For the World. They hosted the India Children’s Choir in 2005 and seemed anxious to get involved with BFTW once again.

After we left church we went out to a little Mexican restaurant for lunch and after our goodbyes I headed for home in the U-Haul about 2:00. I drove all thru the night but had to stop twice to take a couple short naps. I arrived back home at 10:30 a.m.central time on Monday. Pat, Julia and Landon were home to greet me. I was very happy to see them. I missed all my family very much.

I took Tuesday off to wrap some things up, relax and to work on the blogs. I’ll be returning to work Wednesday to resume my normal routine. It was a great bike/vacation/missions trip that I will always remember. Thanks for everyone’s prayers while I was away. It’s good to be home.

My close friends Randy and Esta Bringman with Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment