This blog is a way friends and family can keep track and share my journey into bicycle touring as well as my journey thru life by the grace that can only come from God the Father thru His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

HELP SUPPORT BIBLES FOR THE WORLD

If you would like to make a contribution to Bibles For The World just make out a check addressed to Bibles For The World and send it to: Bibles For The World, PO Box 49759, Colorado Springs, CO. 80949. You will receive a receipt in the mail from BFTW since it is tax deductable.



Thank you so much for your support and prayers in helping to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
You may also visit them online at http://www.bftw.org/.
Check out Manna For The Journey / Bibles For The World - The Video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFLaanIsTx8 Thanks for watching!

Saturday, September 4, 2010

DAY TWO:THE MAIN COURSE-DOGS, HILLS AND A SIDE OF WIND



Today was a beautiful day with and a lot less windy. It was only about 5 mph out of the NNW when I start. It gradually picked up speed and by about 11:00 it was back up to 15+ mph. But, I lost count of how many dogs chased me and how many hills I had to walk up. I was so thankful that there was no dogs at the houses that always seemed to be at the top of the hills I was pushing the 110 pound Pilgrim up. I would have had to let them maul me. I was just too tired to run. I could have really used my brothers dog Harley the boxer to chase them away. I instead used my air horn to run them off. I have mace I could you but with the wind blowing the way it was…..I know I would not have wanted it in my face.

I made it the 72 miles to La Plata and the home of Pastor Elmer “Mac” McCully, pastor of the First Baptist Church here. I had supper with him and his wife Nancy, their son Jarod, his wife Heather, and their two adorable daughters Olivia and Hanna, and their grandson Zach. We had homemade pizza and homemade ice cream. It was excellent. I appreciate all their help and making me feel right at home.

Tom and Harley.



This is what I saw most the day.

Oh no!

I thank the Lord for little things.

My new friends.

Today’s ice cream flavor: HOMEMADE Vanilla with strawbaby (that’s what Julia calls it) syrup.
Tomorrow’s destination: Trenton, Mo.
Mileage today 72.6

No comments:

Post a Comment