This blog is a way friends and family can keep track and share my journey into bicycle touring as well as my journey thru life by the grace that can only come from God the Father thru His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

HELP SUPPORT BIBLES FOR THE WORLD

If you would like to make a contribution to Bibles For The World just make out a check addressed to Bibles For The World and send it to: Bibles For The World, PO Box 49759, Colorado Springs, CO. 80949. You will receive a receipt in the mail from BFTW since it is tax deductable.



Thank you so much for your support and prayers in helping to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
You may also visit them online at http://www.bftw.org/.
Check out Manna For The Journey / Bibles For The World - The Video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFLaanIsTx8 Thanks for watching!

Friday, September 10, 2010

DAY FIVE – GOOD BYE MISSOURI, HELLO NEBRASKA!

I don’t remember a whole lot about the weather conditions today (I’m typing this on 9/10/10) but I know I was still doing a lot of hill surfing. I do know that when I was trying to get thru Savannah my directions routed me on a County Road. When I could not find it I stopped and asked a couple guys at a Co-op. They said it was right in front of their store. So, I rode a hundred yards or so around a corner and what I saw was gravel! Oh, no! I went down it to another corner a short distance and looked around the bend….more gravel. So, I turned around and went back to the same guys. They said every County Road was gravel but told me a better route.

Back into the hills I went until I got to Oregon (the town) and stopped for a break. The lady in the grocery store said after Oregon it would be mostly flat. That was true because I was dropping into the Missouri River bottoms near Rulo, NE. They had had a lot of bad flooding there and the bridge was still being worked on. But, before I got to the bridge and after things finally did level out, I had a pack of three blood hounds try to take me down. I blasted my horn and peddled as fast as possible. Thankfully, a car was coming from the other way and they gave up the chase when confronted by the car.

After crossing the Missouri River I still had to climb some substantial hills to get up on level ground again. But, things got better and I arrived at the First Baptist Church in Falls City about an hour before their Bible Study. I met their intern pastor, Gary Williams and his wife, plus some of the congregation and Elder Jim Hersh. They let me spend the night in the church which I was most grateful.

Tomorrows destination is Barneston, NE.

No comments:

Post a Comment