This blog is a way friends and family can keep track and share my journey into bicycle touring as well as my journey thru life by the grace that can only come from God the Father thru His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

HELP SUPPORT BIBLES FOR THE WORLD

If you would like to make a contribution to Bibles For The World just make out a check addressed to Bibles For The World and send it to: Bibles For The World, PO Box 49759, Colorado Springs, CO. 80949. You will receive a receipt in the mail from BFTW since it is tax deductable.



Thank you so much for your support and prayers in helping to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
You may also visit them online at http://www.bftw.org/.
Check out Manna For The Journey / Bibles For The World - The Video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFLaanIsTx8 Thanks for watching!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

THE ROUTE & ITINERARY


A number of people have asked me about my route lately. I only vaguely had it posted back in an April post called “The Route”. So, I’ll go ahead and give you some semi-details of where I’ll be and when I’ll be there. I’ll not take time to list every route number but try and give you a few towns along the way.

Friday, Sept. 3rd – Departure day. I’ll be leaving home (Winchester, IL.) and going thru Pittsfield and finishing in Quincy, IL.

Saturday, Sept. 4th – Leaving Quincy and going thru Ewing and finishing in LaPlata, MO.

Sunday, Sept. 5th – Leaving LaPlata, going thru New Boston, Laredo and finishing in Trenton, MO.

Monday, Sept. 6th (Labor Day) – Leaving Trenton to Coffey then finishing in King City, MO.

Tuesday, Sept. 7th – Leaving King City to Savannah, Oregon, crossing into Nebraska at Rulo, NE. then finishing in Falls City, NE.

Wednesday, Sept. 8th – Leaving Falls City going thru Pawnee City and possibly finishing in Barneston, NE. I say possibly because there is very little in Barneston. If the weather is good and my legs are good I may proceed on to my next stop in Hebron, Ne. If I do this I’ll take a rest day in Franklin.

Thursday, Sept. 9th – If I’m not in Hebron, I’ll leave Barneston to Fairbury and finish in Hebron, NE. If I am in Hebron I’ll be finishing this day in Franklin and taking a rest day on Friday.

Friday, Sept. 10th – Leaving Hebron going to Franklin, NE. If I actually get here a day early I’ll be taking a rest day here today.

Saturday, Sept. 11th – Leaving Franklin going to Alma, Orleans, Oxford, Edison and ending in Cambridge, NE.

Sunday, Sept. 12th – Leaving Cambridge, going thru McCook and finishing in Benkelman, NE.

Monday, Sept. 13th – Leaving Benkelman, going to Wray, CO. and turning South then back West to Joes, CO.

Tuesday, Sept. 14th – Leaving Joes and finishing about 6 miles before Byers, CO.

Wednesday, Sept. 15th – Leaving Byers area and finishing in Lone Tree (Littleton), CO.

Thursday, Sept. 16th – Rest Day.

Friday, Sept. 17th – Leaving Lone Tree and making my way to Bibles For the World in Colorado Springs, CO.

Saturday, Sept. 18th – Leaving Colorado Springs and finishing in Canon City, CO.

Sunday, Sept. 19th – Rest Day.

Monday, Sept. 20th – Leaving Canon City to Florence Pueblo then finishing in Fowler, CO.

Tuesday, Sept. 21st – Leaving Fowler and finishing in Eeds, CO.

Wednesday, Sept. 22nd – Leaving Eeds and finishing in Tribune, KS.

Thursday, Sept. 23rd – Leaving Tribune and finishing in Dighton, KS.

Friday, Sept. 24th – Leaving Dighton and finishing in Rush Center, KS.

Saturday, Sept. 25th – Leaving Rush Center, going thru Great Bend to Lyons, KS.

Sunday, Sept. 26th – Leaving Lyons and going to the East edge of Hillsboro, KS.

Monday, Sept. 27th – Leaving Hillsboro to Emporia and turn South to finishing in Madison, KS.

Tuesday, Sept. 28th – Leaving Madison to Lone Elm then finishing in Mound City, KS.

Wednesday, Sept. 29th – Leaving Mound City to Pleasanton then Butler, MO. then finishing in Clinton, MO.

Thursday, Sept. 30th – Leaving Clinton on the Katy Trail finishing at Cooper’s Landing in Easley, MO.

Friday, Oct. 1st – Leaving Cooper’s Landing to Klondike Camp Ground in Augusta, MO.

Saturday, Oct. 2nd – Leaving Augusta to St. Charles then crossing the river into Illinois at Grafton then to Pier Marquette State Park.

Sunday, Oct. 3rd – Leaving PM State Park to Eldred then to home!

Feel free to email me about any part of my route and if you would like to ride along at any point along the way. Be glad to have ya. Bring some food!

Oh, by the way, this could be the last post before I depart, but I can’t promise anything.

Here's a rough map of the route:

View Untitled in a larger map

1 comment: