This blog is a way friends and family can keep track and share my journey into bicycle touring as well as my journey thru life by the grace that can only come from God the Father thru His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

HELP SUPPORT BIBLES FOR THE WORLD

If you would like to make a contribution to Bibles For The World just make out a check addressed to Bibles For The World and send it to: Bibles For The World, PO Box 49759, Colorado Springs, CO. 80949. You will receive a receipt in the mail from BFTW since it is tax deductable.



Thank you so much for your support and prayers in helping to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
You may also visit them online at http://www.bftw.org/.
Check out Manna For The Journey / Bibles For The World - The Video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFLaanIsTx8 Thanks for watching!

Monday, August 30, 2010

IN SEARCH OF GOLDEN NUGGETS (and Ice Cream)


One thing I’d like to do as I travel each day is to find some type of “gold nugget”. This is not a literal gold nugget, of course, but something unusual or interesting that I can put in my daily posts. It might be a good story someone relates to me of their life or maybe their testimony of faith in Christ. It might be a, not so common, food I’ll eat. It actually might be common depending on where I’m at, but, not common to where I live….like grits are in the South. Yuck!

It could be just a beautiful landscape or mountain range that I’ve never seen before. Possibly a generous act of kindness a stranger does for me. It might be where I can find the best scoop of ice cream during the day. I know there have been some touring cyclists who have made a goal to find the best piece of pie during their travels. Maybe I’ll see how many different flavors of ice cream I can eat before I get back home. I got in the habit of rewarding myself with a bowl of ice cream after my training rides. I started sampling all the different pint size Ben & Jerry flavors. I’m not sure this was a good habit but it sure tasted good at the time.

I’ve found that the Bible is full of golden nuggets of information and blessings if you take time to search and look for them. The wonder of God’s Word is hard to explain at times. It’s just so good! A lot of times you can read and reread, then go back and rereread the same passage over and over and you’ll find something you never thought about before or God will reveal a truth you’d overlooked.

One of my favorite passages is found in Psalm 1:1-3, “Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.” That should really motivate us into serving God and searching His Word.


Back to the ice cream…..yeah, I may just have to have a fun goal of sampling as many flavors as I can find between home and Colorado….and back again. That should help slow my pace down thru the day as well. The hard part may be breaking that habit once I get back home.

Well maybe THIS will be the last post before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment