This blog is a way friends and family can keep track and share my journey into bicycle touring as well as my journey thru life by the grace that can only come from God the Father thru His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

HELP SUPPORT BIBLES FOR THE WORLD

If you would like to make a contribution to Bibles For The World just make out a check addressed to Bibles For The World and send it to: Bibles For The World, PO Box 49759, Colorado Springs, CO. 80949. You will receive a receipt in the mail from BFTW since it is tax deductable.



Thank you so much for your support and prayers in helping to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
You may also visit them online at http://www.bftw.org/.
Check out Manna For The Journey / Bibles For The World - The Video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFLaanIsTx8 Thanks for watching!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Gear - The Stuff I Think I'll Need


Some people take a lot of gear on tour and some go ultra light. I’m shooting for the middle. I have about 95% of all my gear excluding food. I’ll try and carry about two days worth of food with me in case I’m in an area sparse on services. It’s possible that some of the least used stuff will be shipped back home once I get on the road.

When I started making a list of what I thought I might need to take, I was surprised at how much it actually was. I studied other cyclist’s blogs and journals, along with product reviews, to try and determine what would fit me best during the trip. Hopefully my research will pay off. I think the most important things are comfort while riding the bike and comfort while sleeping. Both of these areas will be tested and tweaked over the next few months.

Some of the items I bought have yet to be tested, by me anyway. I’ll try and occasionally post some product reviews as I start to actually use them. I won’t bore you with reviews and details on all the items but the major ones only, like the cook stove, net book, camera or the tent per se.

Later, I’ll post a picture of everything laid out before I attempt to stuff it all within my panniers. My wife doesn’t believe I can get all the items I think I need on the bike and ride it too. We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment