This blog is a way friends and family can keep track and share my journey into bicycle touring as well as my journey thru life by the grace that can only come from God the Father thru His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

HELP SUPPORT BIBLES FOR THE WORLD

If you would like to make a contribution to Bibles For The World just make out a check addressed to Bibles For The World and send it to: Bibles For The World, PO Box 49759, Colorado Springs, CO. 80949. You will receive a receipt in the mail from BFTW since it is tax deductable.



Thank you so much for your support and prayers in helping to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
You may also visit them online at http://www.bftw.org/.
Check out Manna For The Journey / Bibles For The World - The Video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFLaanIsTx8 Thanks for watching!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

THE TRAINING CONTINUES


Though I’ve planned my bike tour during, what I believe to be, a prime time to ride weather wise, training in the Illinois heat and humidity in the summer stinks. It is so hot! It’s always good to try and get out on the road very early in the morning to beat the heat. There have been a couple 70+ mile rides that I really suffered on because I didn’t do just that. I’m going to actually be trying to cut my training miles back a little unless we experience an unseasonably cool day. I’ve only got six weekends left before I set sail so I have to take advantage of it.

Though cutting back my road miles I’ll try and increase my miles on the rollers indoors. I’ve learned that I’m not real fond of spinning. I don’t have the bike set up with a TV to watch and reading a book is too tricky. The best I can do is just listening to some tunes. That helps a little but I can’t put in near the time spinning as I can on the road of course. Plus there are no cows, clouds or road kill to look at (or smell). I’ll just have to make the best of it and console myself in the thought that before long I’ll be shoving off on the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment