This blog is a way friends and family can keep track and share my journey into bicycle touring as well as my journey thru life by the grace that can only come from God the Father thru His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

HELP SUPPORT BIBLES FOR THE WORLD

If you would like to make a contribution to Bibles For The World just make out a check addressed to Bibles For The World and send it to: Bibles For The World, PO Box 49759, Colorado Springs, CO. 80949. You will receive a receipt in the mail from BFTW since it is tax deductable.



Thank you so much for your support and prayers in helping to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
You may also visit them online at http://www.bftw.org/.
Check out Manna For The Journey / Bibles For The World - The Video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFLaanIsTx8 Thanks for watching!

Monday, May 31, 2010

PROVISIONS




This 50 year old engine’s got to have fuel to make miles while touring. I’m occasionally asked what I’ll be eating along the way. I’d like to say I’ll be stopping at nice restaurants for every meal but that’s not reality….and I can’t afford it. So my staple foods will be peanut butter and jelly or honey sandwiches. I’ll probably be eating those at least once a day mid-morning or mid-afternoon.

Pre-breakfast will be some type of granola bar as I’m breaking camp and then I’ll proceed to look for a real breakfast stop 10-15 miles on down the road where I hope for a large stack of pancakes or an omelet of some nature. One of our local restaurants has something called a Mess. Its scrambled eggs with hash browns, onions and your choice of meat all mixed together. They are good! It would be great to have that every day for breakfast….or second breakfast.

Supper will be right before I reach my campsite for the evening at a restaurant or I’ll cook something like Ramen noodles, soup or some other boil-in-a-bag meal after I set up camp. Probably supplemented with more P,B & J. I’ll try and also snack thru-out the day with trail mix, Fig Newtons, a Pay Day candy bar (they don’t melt when traveling) or some fruit.

I’m still experimenting at this point to make sure I eat the right foods that will give me enough fuel for each day and that my body will adjust to. Eating the wrong foods could be disastrous and turn a fun trip into one that will be a struggle every mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment